A flow heater for clean gas flows up to 1100°C (2012°F) has been introduced to Kanthal®'s extensive product range. Due to its unique patented design and electrical heating system it gives very high gas outlet temperature and net efficiency up to 95%.
Most flow heater designs are limited to 800°C (1470°F) gas temperature. The unique patented design of the Kanthal Flow Heater therefore allows up to 300°C higher gas outlet temperature than existing conventional technologies. The design gives very good temperature stability (+/- 1°C) and heating efficiency. Other key features are the very compact design and very wide flow range. Compared to gas burners, electrical heaters offer a cleaner work environment, easier installation, and fewer safety risks.
- Highest outlet temperatures (1100°C) due to unique patented design
- Power density comparable with gas burners
- Excellent outlet temperature accuracy (± 1 °C / F)
- Internal thermocouple for secure over temperature protection and controls
- Wide flow rate range: 20 – 200 % of nominal flow rate (or higher with custom Flow Heaters)
- Empower your Flow Heater with well-matched original accessories like control cabinets, blowers and custom tubing and insulation solutions
- Small in feature size
- Pulsating flow can be tolerated by the heater
- Custom designs upon request
Applications and Industries
- Test benches and test stands
- Pre-Heating of equipment in metal cast houses
- Glass industry
- Local Heat Treatment
You require a process development or -optimization? Working closely with you, our engineers backed by one of the R&D’s leading facilities, will help you identify your needs and create products that optimize your process or product. Many of our products, now industry standards, are the result of a close collaboration between our customers and our R&D engineers.