Heliothal LT - cost-effective ladle heater for low temp operations
The HeliothalTM LT ladle heater has been specially developed for processes not requiring the very highest temperature ranges. This robust, cost- effective solution is intended for heating up to ladle temperatures of up to 1472°F (800 deg C).
Our HeliothalTM LT electric ladle heater is specifically designed for heating temperatures up to 1472°F (800 deg C). Customers not requiring the very highest temperature ranges in their heating process can benefit from this cutting-edge solution, which delivers easy-to-use operation and more robust design.
HeliothalTM LT is recommended for foundries processing nonferrous metals with a lower melting point, which include aluminum, zinc, precious metals and lead.
Electrical heating adds many benefits
Heating ladles with electricity instead of gas enables aluminum and steel producers and foundries to benefit from lower energy costs and increased process control. The complete range of HeliothalTM ladle heaters delivers energy-efficient solutions for heating and preheating up to ladle temperatures of 2732°F (1500 deg C) and ladle sizes from ID 500 mm to ID 2100 mm (19.69 to 82.68 inches).
All our electrical ladle heaters are supplied as complete installations, comprising heating elements, insulated lid, control and regulation equipment, commissioning and technical service.
The innovative heater-monitoring and control system optimizes performance and prolongs the lifetime of the heater by eliminating overheating. The system ensures maximum and consistent power, which reduces process times. The heating elements are arranged to ensure that the radiation is accurately directed toward the target area. A timer system that enables preheat- ing can be set to start automatically at a preset time. Heating is monitored and controlled by programmable logic controller (PLC).
HeliothalTM LT advantages
- More energy-efficient: Net efficiency is over 70%, compared with only 20% for gas.
- Cost-effective, simple and robust without compromising on quality.
- Designed for foundries processing nonferrous metals that do not require the very highest temperature ranges.
- Multipurpose: Innovative design enables the same heater to be used for both drying and heating.
- Reduced process times.
- Increased refractory lifetime.
- Does not emit CO2, NOx or CO.
- Does not produce water vapour which can condense and cause explosions in the foundry industry.
- Cleaner, safer and quieter working environment.
- Complete installation.
Installation and commissioning
Our HeliothalTM LT is supplied as complete installations, comprising heating elements, insulating lid, and control and regulation equipment. Commissioning and technical support are provided on site by our experts.
10 reasons for choosing HeliothalTM LT ladle heater
- Very high efficiency
- Affordable and robust
- Extended ladle lifetime
- Multipurpose operation
- Reduced processing time
- Zero CO, CO2, and NOX emissions
- Sefe and quiet work environment
- Specifically designed for heating temperatures up to 1472°F (800 deg C)
- Eliminates overheating
- Recommended for aluminium, zinc, tin and lead.