Kanthal® AF radiant tubes
Our Kanthal® AF Tubes are a unique type of radiant tube that outperform common NiCr tubes in all respects. They are also more cost effective than other equivalent products on the market.
Kanthal® AF Tubes are the most recent innovation in the range of Kanthal® radiant tubes, with their demonstrated ability to outdo most other metallic radiant tube alternatives in conventional batch, or continuous furnaces operating at furnace temperatures above 900°C.
Following extensive testing, Kanthal® AF Tubes have proven to be lighter and easier to handle than NiCr tubes, as well as delivering low spallation, very good oxidation performance and high responsiveness due to reduced wall thickness.
Outstanding alloy performance
Kanthal® AF is a ferritic iron-chromium-aluminum alloy (FeCrAl alloy) intended for use at tube temperatures up to 1200°C (2280°F). The alloy is characterized by superior resistance to oxidation and corrosion, and forms an excellent, non-scaling surface oxide, which provides effective protection in most furnace environments. The tubes are equipped with a thin wall that reduces heat loss from the furnace as well as furnace heat-up time. It also speeds the transfer of heat from the heating element to the goods in the furnace.
The tubes are spiral-welded, making them symmetrical with the same properties from every angle. They are made for vertical installation and are ideal for furnaces used for case hardening, such as in the heat treatment of components for the auto industry.
Kanthal® AF Tubes advantages
- More cost-efficient radiant furnace tube innovation
- Intended for use at tube temperatures up to 1200°C (2280°F).
- Outstanding alloy performance delivers excellent oxidation resistance and effective protection in most furnace environments
- Highly responsive due to reduced wall thickness
- Low oxide spallation results in higher productivity due to shorter lead-time
- Ideally suited for furnaces used for case hardening, such as in the heat treatment of auto industry components
- Excellent resistance to corrosion
- Good temperature uniformity
- Longer lifetime
- Increased process stability
- Thin walls result in reduced weight, leading to easier handling and higher productivity
Our Kanthal® AF Tubes are made for vertical installation and are ideal for furnaces used for case hardening. Kanthal® AF Tubes are significantly lighter than NiCr tubes, which makes them easier to handle for maintenance or installation.
10 key reasons for choosing Kanthal® AF Tubes
- excellent oxidation resistance
- excellent corrosion resistance
- highly responsive
- low heat losses
- low spallation
- light weight
- easy to handle and install
- reduced operating costs
- increased productivity