Customized Products with Additive Manufacturing
Additive manufacturing has been integrated in recent years as part of the production process in the aerospace, automotive and other industries. However, the relatively young manufacturing method has been limited in the heating industry – until now. Our offering comes to you with the technology of our Kanthal® AM 100 alloy.
Kanthal® Additive Manufacturing opens possibilities where the only limitation is in the mind of the designer.
Kanthal® Additive Manufacturing provides customization service, with full access to the new alloy, Kanthal® AM100. The customization service includes feasibility evaluation, design/design modification advice, prototyping and testing.
Kanthal® AM100 Alloy:
Invented and introduced to the market by Kanthal® in 1931, the FeCrAl alloy is known for its superb high-temperature corrosion resistance and its popular use for heating elements. The new Kanthal® AM100, optimized for 3D-printing with both excellent high-temperature corrosion resistance and creep strength, is suitable for heating elements and high temperature components.
Benefits of Kanthal® AM100:
- Material operating temperatures up to 1300°C (2372°F)
- Superb high-temperature corrosion resistance against carbon/hydrocarbon and sulfur
- Excellent high-temperature creep strength
- High electrical resistivity (1.39 Ωmm2/m)
The application areas of Kanthal® AM100 include the areas where FeCrAl alloys are commonly employed:
- Commercial heat treatment and high-temperature processes such as heating elements, nozzles, small furnace components and dental furnace component
- Petrochemical processes such as small fittings and manifolds and small venturis
- Automotive such as engine preheating and exhaust treatment
Additionally, by combining with 3D-printing, more application areas will be able to benefit from this material. The possibilities are limitless, and we encourage our customers to revisit the ideas that were inconceivable before.
Other products that might interest you