Kanthal® AM100 alloy
Invented and introduced to the market by Kanthal® in 1931, the FeCrAl alloy is known for its superb high-temperature corrosion resistance and its popular use for heating elements. The new Kanthal® AM100, optimized for 3D-printing with both excellent high-temperature corrosion resistance and creep strength, is suitable for heating elements and high temperature components.
Benefits of Kanthal® AM100:
- Material operating temperatures up to 1300°C (2372°F)
- Superb high-temperature corrosion resistance against carbon/hydrocarbon and sulfur
- Excellent high-temperature creep strength
- High electrical resistivity (1.39 Ωmm2/m)
The application areas of Kanthal® AM100 include the areas where FeCrAl alloys are commonly employed:
- Commercial heat treatment and high-temperature processes such as heating elements, nozzles, small furnace components and dental furnace component
- Petrochemical processes such as small fittings and manifolds and small venturis
- Automotive such as engine preheating and exhaust treatment
Additionally, by combining with 3D-printing, more application areas will be able to benefit from this material. The possibilities are limitless, and we encourage our customers to revisit the ideas that were inconceivable before.